Friday, March 7, 2008

Signs of Spring in my mailbox


Aren't they beautiful?!! I signed up for a Bird Bell Tota swap in Surface Design. We are to create 7 birds (one for each of us in the group) 4" in size. These birds are then to be hung from each other to create a bird tota, like the picture below.


In the top 3 pictures, the first bird was made by Lorri, I think the wire work is as gorgeous as the bird itself!! The second bird with the beautiful colors & wonderful tassel was made by Aynsley & the third bird that's so beautifully felted was made by Jan Z.

I have to admit, that I haven't started making mine yet, but I know exactly what I'm doing & I'm working on another trade that is due before this April trade. (Remember the earlier post where I did "make green" & the colors turned out VERY bright.....I'm using them in a paper piecing swap.) I was a little unsure when I started with those colors. Was afraid that the piece might scream when it was finished. After working with it for awhile, I think it grew on me & I thought the colors reminded me of Spring, which we are very anxiously waiting for here. Here is just a teeny section of the postcard of what I'm doing with these colors. Plans are to finish it over the weekend & I'll post it here, on Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The little birdies are so cute Tracy and your piece is coming along nicely.