Thursday, October 18, 2007

Beaded Prayer Pillows finished!

Ok, here they are!! I have to say that I'm very pleased with how they turned out!! The first picture is what I would call the fronts & the second picture is the backs, although when I created these pieces, I didn't really intend for them to have fronts or backs. And look, something other than blue, (well I had to at least do one in blue). These were done for a swap in FiberArt Traders.

The red & neon green pillow fronts (& red pillow back) I used a flower stitch, along with my love for the dyed cheesecloth. I think it just gives the pieces a nice "textury" (is that a word) look & feel. The blue pillow with the metallic threads were created all with bobbin work & then on one side I layered over the top with a rubber stamped organza. I love how the black misty fuse that I used in between the two layers helps give it a little bit of glitz.

I have to say out of all three of them, the neon green pillow is my favorite(I'm going to have a hard time parting with that one)! It's not a color I normally work in, but I have to say I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I think the biggest problem I had with it was trying to photograph it. The colors tend to lean towards the yellow side of green & every time I tried photographing it, the colors leaned more towards the blue side of green.

I also put small bells in two of them so they make a nice little jingle when you shake them. Seemed like a good idea at the time until my cat, Matisse, thought they were new cat toys for him. (hmmmm, now there's a thought)

1 comment:

Suzan Morgan said...

Cheesecloth! What a great and effective idea! -Suzan