Thursday, February 21, 2008

Make Purple Part 2, YUM!!!




2nd try

1st try

The top photo is so much better don't you think (for showing the make purple run)? The first photo I used 3tsp of ProChem Turkish Red & 2tsp of ProChem Full Navy to one cup of water. The second photo I used 1tsp of ProChem Turkish Red & 2tsp of ProChem Full Navy to one cup of water. The navy definitely overpowered the red in the 2nd photo.

After the pieces in the top photo dried from being rinsed from dyeing, I was so excited to see the beautiful colors that I called my husband in to take a look. Yeah, he didn't seem to get as excited as I was. Wouldn't it be yummy to see that top photo done in velvets??

I had to post this photo as well (I love this). This was done with the Navy & Turkish Red as well. I'm not sure why the red & navy didn't mix better because I dyed it in a baggie & scrunched it quite often so the dyes would mix around, but that's ok, I really loved how this turned out anyway!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

just gorgeous! and I really love that last piece. Yummy!!

Thelma said...

Your color run looks great. I agree the first one shows the run better, and your last piece is wonderful!