Monday, November 3, 2008

Angelina & Eyelash

© 2008 Tracy Borders

This journal was a custom order for a friend of mine's mom for Christmas. (I hope she likes it!) Wished this first photograph turned out just a little better. Those Angelina Fibers really play havoc with the camera flash.

This hand dyed bamboo was a color I've never really worked in before (had to dye it twice to get the color that my friend wanted.) It's hard to tell from the photographs, but it's a very deep burgundy that was overlaid with black misty fuse, Angelina Fibers & burgundy eye lash yarn.

© 2008 Tracy Borders

I have to keep this journal locked away until I can deliver it to my friend, something about the fuzzy eyelash yarn tends to attract both of my cats :).

Remember the modeling paste samples a couple of posts back from my Textures Class? I'm in the process of creating a journal cover for a special friend of mine. I had planned to have this done for her last week, but as I'm still learning the process of the modeling paste, painting it & sealing it, it's taken me longer than I had planned. Each process seems to take about a day, with applying & letting each step dry & cure. But that's ok, this is my first time at using this technique in a finished product, so there's bound to be a learning curve. (I'll post it here, once it's finished.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your journels Tracy they are so beautiful.

Vicki W said...

That's a beautiful journal!

sherry carrigan said...

Another beautiful journal. Can't wait to see what you finally did with the modeling paste journals. I'll bet they are fantastic.