Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ah Vacation!!!

Sorry I haven't posted anything in awhile, but I have a good reason. My husband & I went to Whistler, BC in Canada for a week. One of my husband's childhood friends flew out from Iowa to ski Whistler, so while he & my husband skiied, I shopped, people watched & just relaxed & did absolutely NOTHING & it was great!!


Daryl & I at the Blackcomb Gondola. Of course, the boys had to be on the slopes as soon as they opened, which is why this photo is a little dark.


Daryl took this, thought he did a really nice job, love the black treeline!

He also did the photos below, thought he did a great job at catching the different colors in the sky. I love the clouds in the third picture that I took & you can also see where the sun is hitting as it's rising.


Yes I took the one below. One of the foot bridges in Whistler village has on each side 5 posts with cast bronze sculptures on each pedestal. One is of a telescope, another is of a glass block, and another of an old time view finder, all things you can look through. This piece was on the other side along with other educational sculptures, like a bronze shell & small animal skeletal heads. I just really liked this & you know the first thing I did was run my fingers over the spikey looking pieces. (They reminded me of cocka burs-I'm sure that's not spelled right- when we were kids we'd get them stuck all over our clothes & we'd have to pluck them off.) I love how the frost created patterns all over the piece!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures Tracy it's almost like you can reach out and touch the mountains. Cute couple out there in front of the gondala:)

The spiky things remind me of pinecones.

Michelle said...

Great pics! What a beautiful place ~ but it looks sooooooooo cold!!! Those spikey things look like sweet gum balls ~ do they have those in BC? I thought they were a southern thing.