Monday, September 22, 2008

Creative Slump

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, sometimes it seems that life just tends to just take over, or at least that's the excuse I'm going to use.

I really haven't created much physical art since the journals. Not sure if the brain just needed a rest or the fact that my in-laws are coming this week, so we been rushing like made to finish our paved garden in the back yard (that we've been working on for over 2 years) .




My DH & I poured every single one of those 75 concrete pavers. (Kind of reminds me of a patchwork quilt). I have to say, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.


While mom & dad were finishing up in the back yard, our little 16 pound boy, Matisse (below) was kicking back and enjoying the day :)

You wouldn't think it would be comfortable sitting like this, but he seems to do this quite often.



I would have shared some pictures of my DH & another good friend of ours trying on some kilts at a store called, Utilikilts, in Seattle, but he made me promise to not post ANY pics of him in a "skirt", so all I can do is post a picture of the front of the store :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That paver area is beautiful. Job well done I'd say

Anonymous said...

Our studio cat often sits like that. I tell her it's not lady like, but she does as she pleases. The paving is beautiful. Sometimes we need to give ourselves downtime. be peaceful.

Cheryl Gebhart said...

Love the pavers - and you're right, it does look like a quilt. Your cat is cute!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Your cat is beautiful!!! The paver job is fantastic.

Anonymous said...

The backyard is beautiful Tracy and sometimes real life gets in the way of the creative side.

Love your cat what beautiful markings.

LOL, I like the kilts.

sherry carrigan said...

Love the pavers Tracy. Looks like a big job that could obviously take up your time, however you were being extremely creative with this. Your cat is awesome! I'm a cat lover and he is absolutely gorgeous.