Monday, August 25, 2008

This & that...................

I would first like to say I had a wonderful weekend of completions. I finished 3 pieces for swaps with other fiber artists, started dyeing scarves for my store (which I really hope to open soon), put the finishing touches on one journal & started working on creating 3 new journals. Nothing gives me more satisfaction than completing a piece!!


Remember my bamboo pc (previous post)? I'd like to share with you the beautiful pc's I received in return. We were to create a pc using anything bamboo.


This Bamboo Fusion Goddess is from Dotti. Her body is made from dyed bamboo batting. Isn't she wonderful?!!




As always, another fabulous pc from Fannie!! She hand dyed & painted bamboo yarn with silk paints & Neocolor II Watersoluble Wax Pastels & sandwiched silk roving between Angelina Fibers. And of course some wonderful thread painting. Check out her wonderful blog (I'm a HUGE fan)!!




Francoise sent me this wonderful pc all the way from Belgium!! The background is hand dyed bamboo fabric & the bamboo stalks are created from bamboo paper & then stitched with bamboo thread. What a GREAT idea!!





This pc was sent all the way from The Netherlands from Hetty (sorry could not locate a blog for her). What a beautiful piece!! She thread painted a bamboo cane, added some hand-spun bamboo yarn onto & attached them to this beautiful china silk. It will be stored in a plastic pc sleeve. It's so crisp & white, I don't want to put any "smoodges" on it!





All of these pc's are absolutely wonderful & I love how each of them are totally different from each other. Thanks for trading, ladies!!!!


I can now post the one I made for Fannie (she was my guinea pig for this experiment). I have always wanted to create a woven PC or ATC, but I always got hung up on how to finish the edges. I jumped in with both feet on this one & this is how it turned out. I think I'm pretty happy with it. (Thanks Fannie for sending me a photo of it, since I forgot to take one before I sent it out.)



I almost forgot!!! My next post will be my 100th post!!! And, next week is my birthday, so I am planning on celebrating that I NOT 40 years old YET & my 100th post on the same day by doing a giveaway!! (This will give me some time to hopefully create a couple of pieces to giveaway!!) So check back on 9/4 to enter. Hope to hear from you then!!

4 comments:

Fannie said...

Tracy! Your birthday is next week? What day? And 100 posts! Congrats! AND Congrats!

Received your pc! I am in "AWE" of your workmanship. The design is simply beautiful. It will hang in my studio among art by my favorite artists. Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

Really nice postcards Tracy and happy birthday on the upcoming 4th and congrats on 100 posts!

Cyber Fyber said...

Congratulations on 100 posts! Also thanks again for trading with me at CYBER FYBER. I'm supposed to be creating exhibition labels for the ATCs...but I can't help but to sneak a peak into blogs as I work!
Susan

Fannie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, T!