Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Hand Dyed Samples, Shibori Technique



I have to say these turned out a lot better than I had planned! All of these were done with some type of Shibori technique then parfait dyed. The top piece (my absolute favorite) I acutally twisted on the bias tightly & wrapped itself around it so it created like a little hair bun. The blue piece, I actually folded into quarters & then rolled it up into itself to create a ball. The third piece (green), I actually, laid it flat and picked it up from the center & folded it into 4 pie shaped pieces & then rolled it tightly. Each of the pieces were bound together with rubber bands so they'd stay tightly together. The 4th picture is a group of some other colors I tried with different shibori techniques. I have to say, I was pretty pleased with this study.

No comments: